No body ever loves going to work late especially due to the possible fines you might incur. That should also apply to our service to our God. Also, just like meeting up with regular appointments in life, going to church is one sacred appointment that believers are earnestly encouraged to meet up to, as the Bible urged us “Not to forsake the gathering of believers”. But it is pertinent to note that, its one thing to ‘GO TO CHURCH’ and another to ‘GOT TO CHURCH EARLY’ the keyword is ‘EARLY’.
let your worship be a sweet smelling sacrifice to God.“They that seek Me early shall find Me.” says Proverbs 8:17
Going to church early invokes the blessing of the Lord upon your life. Don’t be a habitual late comer to church, it’s a dishonour to your God. Lateness to service is unfaithfulness.
Here Are 12 Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church
- Select your church clothe(s) at least by Friday or Saturday, Iron them and arrange them properly before Sunday.
2. Polish/clean footwear before you sleep.
3. Get your Bible, jotter, etc. ready in one place.
4. Get your tithe & offering ready.
5. Sleep early.
6. Wake up on time.
7. Avoid saying “Even when I get there early, I won’t meet anyone” Get there early and let someone come and meet you too. Don’t forget you are also someone.
8. Washing on Sundays before church is not encouraged. It may delay you.
9. If it takes you 15 minutes to drive/walk to the church, always make allowance for extra time in case of anything. For instance, if service is 7am and it takes you 10 minutes to drive/walk to church, it’s always better to leave home 6:40.
10. Plan to get to church at least 10-15 mins before service starts.
11. Don’t give room for friends and relatives to visit you few hours to service. If they come when you are preparing for church, take them along or make them wait until you are back. They are not more important than God.
12. If you know you’re the type that love your morning sleep very well, try to get a trusted/reliable friend or neighbor who will wake you up early on Sunday morning so you can prepare early for church.
In Summary, going to church early is a commitment you have to prepare your mind towards. If you must be an excellent worker at your place of work or business, time management is a major skill you must have. Likewise being a Christian, you should see late coming to church as a virus you must hate with passion. My advice to you today is; have a change of mind about your commitment to church. Late coming is really bad. Make up your heart to be that effective leader in your assembly/church today!
Thank you for reading these tips to this point. If you find it helpful kindly share to friends. Incase you have other tips that can help us improve this article, kindly drop a comment below.