The National Independent Electoral Commission, INEC – have released it’s calendar and political itinerary ahead of 2023 elections in Nigeria. The calendar consists of political activities surrounding the 2023 presidential and gubernatorial elections in the country.
Starting from March 2022, INEC will give guidelines to various parties to conduct primary election that will produce it’s flag bearers. The calendar revealed that by April 2022, campaign for presidential and gubernatorial elections will kick off, whereby, May 2022, there will be party Congresses across Nigeria.
Check out the calendar below
1. Consultation continues January: 1-31
2. Intensive consultation continues February: 1-28
3. March: INEC gives guideline for aspirants, candidates, parties in respect of congress, primary election and campaign.
4. April: Campaign for Presidential and Gubernatorial elections.
5. May: Party Congresses.
6. June: Party Primary Elections.
7. July: Petitions on Primary elections.
8. August: Court of Appeal hearing on Primary elections conducted.
9. September: Supreme Court verdict on all Primary elections. Candidates & winners for Presidential & Gubernatorial flag bearer of Parties contesting.
10. October: Aggressive campaign by candidates/Parties across the federation.
11. November: Campaign continues.
12. December: Peace Accord signed by all presidential and Gubernatorial candidates.
13. February 2023: Presidential and National Assembly elections
14. March 2023: Gubernatorial and State Assembly elections.
Kindly share to friends. Thank you