Chelsea’s bank account has been placed on temporal suspension by Barclays bank, another strong move, following the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the subsequent sanction of Russian Oligarch, Roman Abramovich by the UK government.
According to SkyNews, the cause of the suspension is that the bank requires time to assess the licence Chelsea have been given to continue football-related activities. adding to this, Chelsea’s company credit cards have also temporarily been suspended.
The club officials said in a statement on Friday that it is hopeful that the suspension will be lifted soon.
The UK government on Thursday, March 10, gave Chelsea a licence to continue with football-related activities after Abramovich had “his assets frozen, a prohibition on transactions with UK individuals and businesses, a travel ban and transport sanctions” imposed on him.
These sanctions are made so as to stop the 55-year-old from making any money in the UK, but the government has granted Chelsea a special licence to allow fixtures to be fulfilled, staff to be paid and existing ticket holders to attend matches.
However, Chelsea cannot offer new contracts to players or staff, conduct any transfer business or sell new tickets to matches due to the sanctions …
- Sthembiso “SK” Khoza Biography: Age, Wife, Parents, Siblings, Accident Scars & Net Worth
- SK Khoza Trending Video Goes Viral Online
- Writer and gender equality activist, Solomon Buchi, gets engaged
- Australian tennis player, Nick Kyrgios’ ex-girlfriend Chiara Passari breaks silence on
- Singer Portable gets VIP treatment as woman fans him while he eats in a buka