Men are so protective of the penis, but, it becomes a shock when you realise that they can pierce their penis for sexual pleasure. Jacob’s ladder piercing is all about piercing the penis up to the shaft’s underside to create a ladder-like appearance. These piercings are fairly severe.
Some guys believe that the shape of the rings or the barbells of the penis stimulates sexual pleasure and this brings sexual satisfaction to them. So, in the article, I would be talking about everything you need to know about Jacob’s ladder piercing.
What Is Jacob’s ladder piercing?
Jacob’s ladder piercing is the second most familiar genital piercing after Prince Albert piercing. It was developed in the US.
Previously, it was done to people that were circumcised. The body modification experts performed the piercing behind the tendon and set it underneath the foreskin. In the past, it was done with a ring in the past, barbells are common these days.
Ways in which Jacob’s ladder piercing is done
Below are ways men undergo Jacob’s ladder piercing:
- It is done just below the head and through the skin on the genital which goes side by side.
- The body modification experts use barbells to make it like a border-like appearance.
- The barbells form like a ladder, so it is called ladder piercing.
- You can utilise as many barbells as you want. However, using at least three barbells qualifies it as a Jacob’s ladder piercing.
- Any piercing that is less than three is called a Frenum piercing.
Things to know before you do Jacob ladder piercing
There are some things you need to consider before embarking on piercing. These things include:
- Once you perform the piercing, you are not allowed to sleep with anyone for at least six months without protection to avoid tissue tearing, leading to infection.
- If they are not completely placed, the barbells might come out.
- During and after the piercing, you may bleed. The bleeding might take 3-5 days to stop. So, get sanitary pads to avoid embarrassing stains.
Jacob’s ladder piercing kit
Before you use the following items, you must sterilize them:
- Towel drapes
- Pair of gloves
- 4×4 gauge pads
- 12g triple bevel piercing needle
- 10g, 12g, 14g long barbell
- Cotton swabs
- 6″ ruler
- Alcohol wipes
- Skin sharp marker
Jacob’s ladder piercing Jewelry
Barbells are the commonest jewelry used for this piercing. But, rings were purely used for the circumcision process.
A barbell used is about 10 or 12 gauge. It will always go side by side, right behind the head. It is sterilised by the body modification experts before using. Once it is pulled out of your penis, it is cleaned with a surgical scrub.
Then, he will make some marks with a topical antiseptic on a disposable toothpick. He will then go ahead to pierce you once you feel comfortable being pierced again.
Note that the size of your penis determines the length and the number of jewelry you need. A thicker penis will require a stronger one. Some penis can accommodate up to 10 pieces of jewelry, depending on the owners’ choice.
It is recommended by experts to pierce your penis around the circumcision line. This ensures better sexual satisfaction. Anyone done close to the head won’t attain sexual satisfaction. So, they advise that the piercing be done far from the head at a recommended spot.
Jacob’s Ladder Piercing Cost
The Jacob’s Ladder piercing, involving multiple piercings along the penile shaft, tends to be more expensive due to the complexity and the number of piercings required. The cost for a Jacob’s Ladder piercing can range from $100 to $200 or more, depending on the number of perforations and the type of jewelry used.
READ ALSO: 12 Ways To Spot a Sex Addict
Extreme Male Genital Piercings
There are other extreme ones such as deep shaft piercing. It is a piercing that passes through the penile shaft. It is also rare due to the pain, difficult, long-lasting healing a patient passes through. The piercing is typically done in three places namely:
- Deep Shaft Ampallang: This is done through the shaft of the penis rather than the head. It is so rare and painful. It causes a lot of bleeding and it is not done by all piercers.
- Deep Shaft Apadravya: This is done vertically through the shaft. Like the previous one, it causes a lot of bleeding.
The Reverse Shaft Prince Albert Piercing
This type of extreme genital piercing enters through the urethra and exists through the hole pierced in the top of the glans. It passes through thicker glans tissues rather than the thinner tissues between the urethra and the underside of the penis. It takes longer to heal than the normal Prince Albert piercing.
Prince Albert Piercing
This is the most popular piercing. It is not for the faint-hearted. The piercer starts by pushing a glass down the urethra or using the finger to hold the urethra open. Then, they slide the needle into the frenulum and go up the tube, using pliers to bend the ring into shape. The healing takes about 1-6 months.
Frenulum piercing healing time
This is the trendy male piercing. It is desirable because it takes a shorter time to heal. The expected healing time is 2-4 months.
Frenulum piercing aftercare
The aftercare requires hot soaks in warm water and cleaning the piercing twice a day. To avoid infection, you should do the following:
- Do not wear tight-fitted clothes around the piercing area until it has healed.
- Urinate after cleaning the piercing area to avoid bacterial infection.
- Since the area is prone to sweat, clean the area after a strenuous exercise.
- You can have sex when it is comfortable but start gently. Don’t have sex without protection for at least six months to avoid infection. It is also necessary to clean the piercing area after sex.