One of the most active performers of his generation, Pierce Brosnan has acted in more than 60 movies throughout the course of his career. In his body of work, Brosnan has given a number of standout performances that highlight his breadth and adaptability as an actor.
Prior to his Bond days, Brosnan had already established himself as a versatile actor with roles in a wide variety of films and television shows. He rose to fame in the 1980s thanks to his portrayal as private eye Remington Steele in the corresponding television series. Continue reading to see all Pierce Brosnan Movies List as of 2023,
READ MORE: Northrop Grumman Deaths Utah Cause
After that, he continued to make appearances in a variety of movies, including “The Fourth Protocol,” “Mrs. Doubtfire,” “The Thomas Crown Affair,” and “Mamma Mia!” Brosnan is a skilled stage actor who has performed in numerous productions on Broadway and in the West End in addition to his work in film and television.
Pierce Brosnan Movies List
Here is a comprehensive list of Pierce Brosnan movies, in chronological order:
- The Long Good Friday (1980) – as 1st Irishman
- The Mirror Crack’d (1980) – as Actor playing ‘Jamie’
- Nomads (1986) – as Jean Charles Pommier
- The Mirror Has Two Faces (1996) – as Alex
- The Fourth Protocol (1987) – as Valeri Petrofsky
- Quest for Camelot (1998) – King Arthur (Voice)
- Taffin (1988) – as Mark Taffin
- The Deceivers (1988) – as William Savage
- The Heist (1989) – as Neil Skinner
- Mister Johnson (1990) – as Harry Rudbeck
- The Lawnmower Man (1992) – as Dr. Lawrence Angelo
- Live Wire (1992) – as Danny O’Neill
- Death Train (1993) – as Michael ‘Mike’ Graham (TV Film)
- Mrs. Doubtfire (1993) – as Stuart ‘Stu’ Dunmeyer
- Entangled (1993) – as Garavan
- Love Affair (1994) – as Ken Allen
- GoldenEye (1995) – as James Bond
- Mars Attacks! (1996) – as Donald Kessler
- Dante’s Peak (1997) – as Harry Dalton
- Robinson Crusoe (1997) – as Robinson Crusoe
- Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) – as James Bond
- The Nephew (1998) – as Joe Brady
- The Thomas Crown Affair (1999) – as Thomas Crown
- Grey Owl (1999) – as Archibald “Grey Owl” Belaney
- The Match (1999) – as John MacGhee
- The World Is Not Enough (1999) – as James Bond
- The Tailor of Panama (2001) – as Andrew ‘Andy’ Osnard
- Die Another Day (2002) – as James Bond
- Evelyn (2002) – as Desmond Doyle
- After the Sunset (2004) – as Max Burdett
- Laws of Attraction (2004) – as Daniel Rafferty
- The Matador (2005) – as Julian Noble
- Seraphim Falls (2006) – as Gideon
- Butterfly on a Wheel (2007) – as Tom Ryan
- Married Life (2007) – as Richard Langley
- Mamma Mia! (2008) – as Sam Carmichael
- Thomas & Friends: The Great Discovery (2008) – Narrator
- The Greatest (2009) – as Allen Brewer
- The Ghost Writer (2010) – as Adam Lang
- Oceans (2010) – Narrator (English)
- Remember Me (2010) – as Charles Hawkins
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010) – as Mr. Brunner / Chiron
- Salvation Boulevard (2011) – as Dan Day
- I Don’t Know How She Does It (2011) – as Jack Abelhammer
- Love Is All You Need (2012) – as Philip
- The World’s End (2013) – as Guy Shephard
- A Long Way Down (2014) – as Martin Sharp
- The November Man (2014) – as Peter Devereaux
- The Love Punch (2014) – as Richard Jones
- Some Kind of Beautiful (2014) – Richard Haig
- No Escape (2015) – Hammond
- Survivor (2015) – Nash
- A Christmas Star (2015) – as Mr. Shepherd
- Urge (2016) – Daemon
- I.T. (2016) – Mike Regan
- The Foreigner (2017) – Liam Hennessy
- The Only Living Boy in New York (2017) – as Ethan Webb
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018) – Sam Carmichael
- Spinning Man (2018) – Robert
- Final Score (2018) – as Dimitri Belov
- Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020) – as Erick Erickssong
- Riverdance: The Animated Adventure (2021) – as Patrick / Grandad (Voice)
- The Misfits (2021) – as Richard Pace
- False Positive (2021) – as Dr. John Hindle
- Cinderella (2021) – as The King
- The King’s Daughter (2022) – as King Louis XIV
- Black Adam (2022) Kent Nelson / Doctor Fate
- The Out-Laws (2023) – Billy McDermott
About Pierce Brosnan Movies List
Irish actor Pierce Brosnan rose to recognition around the world for playing the fictitious British spy James Bond in four movies from 1995 to 2002.
Fans of the long-running franchise favored Brosnan as the leading man due to his slick and polished portrayal of the role as well as his inherent charm and charisma.
Pierce Thomas Brosnan, a carpenter, and May (Smith), a nurse, were Brendan Brosnan’s parents when he was born in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland. He was born and raised in Navan, County Meath, before moving to England, the UK, at a young age (which explains how he was able to accurately portray guys from both backgrounds).
Pierce’s father left the family when he was a young child, and even though they eventually reconnected, they have never had a close connection. James Bond, the British secret agent, is his most well-known character.
He was left with three children after the death of Cassandra Harris, his wife of eleven years, in 1991: Christopher and Charlotte, from Cassandra’s previous marriage, and Sean, from their union.
He has two kids from his second marriage to Keely Shaye Brosnan after she passed away.
The most well-known roles for Brosnan include playing the titular role in the TV series Remington Steele (1982), as well as James Bond in the films GoldenEye (1995), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997), The World Is Not Enough (1999), and Die Another Day (2002).
Pierce completed a three-year program at the London Drama Centre before accepting an ASM position at York Theatre Royal. Tennessee Williams later chose Pierce for a part in The Red Devil Battery Sign.
Following were more plays performed across the nation, including Franco Zeffirelli’s Filomena. In Doc Murphy’s, he made his television debut, and in The Long Good Friday, he made his feature debut.
He was first discovered by Manions of Hollywood, then Remington Steele brought him to the public’s attention.
After the release of Fourth Protocol, he was considered to take Roger Moore’s place in the James Bond films, but Mary Tyler Moore Productions, with whom he was under contract, refused to release him from Remington Steele, so he founded his own company, Irish Dreamtime.
How many James Bond movies has Pierce Brosnan?
He is best known as the fifth actor to play secret agent James Bond in the Bond film series, starring in four films from 1995 to 2002 (GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day) and in multiple video games. He also played alias Remington Steele.